Sunday 13 September 2015

My Ambitions

I have interest in algorithmic challenges, data structures, parallel programming, and distributed systems. My goal is to work at a top software company, where developers drive the business, where people are trying to make a world better place that will give me the ability to work with blazingly smart people and learn exciting new stuff every day. Because life is just too damn short not to love your job, I want to find a place where I can develop code that will be used by millions of happy people. It's a very self-satisfying and substantial achievement to know that you - yourself - wrote pieces of the software along with other brilliant programmers used by half of the world. It's motivating and a big sign of success.
I want to work at a company where I can wake up every day and be happy to go to work. Yes, this is possible. As weird as the concept of enjoying going to work may sound to lots of old-fashioned people, software development careers are actually one of the few where one can genuinely love his job. This is probably the number one key step to building successful and delightful software products: be happy and work for a great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment